ketonix Review: How Amazing is the Ketonix Breath Ketone Analyzer?
- The Ketonix breathalyzer uses your breathe to measure the amount of acetone present and give you a reading.
- The product uses 4 Flashing colors to tell you what “level” you are on: Blue – no acetone. Green – small amount of acetone. Yellow – moderate amount of acetone. Red – high levels of acetone
- The Ketonix comes with easily cleaned mouth pieces. Each mouth piece has 3 different resistance settings.
- It comes with simple, easy to use software that allows different profiles on the same Ketonix device.
- The software is Mac and PC friendly.
- This device can be charged from any USB port which makes it very convieneint to recharge
This product tries to analyze ketosis via the breath. It does this via measuring the amount of acetone in the breath. Blood analysis is more accurate but doesn’t measure the actual amount of ketones in the blood either, it measures beta-hydroxybutyrate (BHB).
From an upfront perspective, this is the most expensive way to measure ketosis. However, it’s a once off price so you need to consider how often you will measure your level of ketosis. If you are going to be measure once or twice a week for only a few months then you will want to go with a different option.
If you want to measure often or want to measure more than one person, you should consider this product because it is a once off payment and can be used by multiple people (with different mouth pieces).
Ease of use: 4.5/5
The Ketonix breathalyzer is easy to use and easy to read. You will need to apply consistent pressure to get accurate readings which may take a bit of practice. This doesn’t matter thought because it’s completely reusable.
The 4 different colored lights make it very easy to understand.
The software is straight forward and can be used by the most tech-impaired person.
This is the most convenient option for ketosis testing. It’s portable and can be done anywhere.
Urine testing obviously needs a bathroom and can be a bit of a hassle.
Blood testing can be done in most places but is socially better to do it in private. There are also hygiene complications and you need multiple items to conduct a ketosis blood test properly.
“HOW DOES IT COMPARE?”
This is a bit more expensive than the Yunmai but if you have other fitbit products you enjoy then you should definitely consider this scale. You’ll be able to sync your smart scale data with your fitbit data.
Need a more futuristic scale? This withings might be what you are after. This measures heart rate and lets you know the weather forecast when you step on. Definitely a must have if you want to feel like the future is here.